Summer Zucchini Boats
Sometimes dinner can be a hit or miss. When I made this for my family, it was a huge hit. Instead of squash boats, I mixed the chicken mixture with cooked spaghetti for my children. This is definitely the kind of dinner that will be made over and over again!
6 medium-sized zucchinis
4 tablespoons oil
1 medium-sized onion, diced
1 cup fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
2 lbs ground chicken dark
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion soup mix
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Cut the zucchinis in half and use a spoon to scrape out most of the inside flesh. Brush the zucchini with oil and season with a light sprinkle of salt. Place them flesh side down on a greased baking sheet and bake at four hundred degrees for twenty minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and sauté until golden.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for an additional five minutes.
- Place the chicken in the pot and use a wooden spoon to break it into small pieces.
- Once the chicken is no longer pink, you can add the salt, garlic, chili powder, onion soup mix, and black pepper.
- Mix until well incorporated. Lower the heat to medium and cover the pan.
- Cook for an additional five minutes.
- Uncover, add in the chopped parsley, and mix again.
- Spoon the chicken into the zucchini boats.
- You can also drizzle it with garlic or spicy mayo.
- Bake in the oven for an additional five minutes.